Thursday 17 June 2021

Building a world on a budget. Part two.

 Building a world on a budget.

The second project, in building terrain that a womble would be proud of, sprang into life after I finished making a spot of lunch. I was taken by the shape of microwave rice packet and decided to try and make something of it.

Project one: The rice packet hut

Construction



I built the base and door frame using some foam board from a 100-yen desk partition.  One sheet is 3` by 1`, so I have plenty of material for future projects.  The I decided to base the building because the rice packet was not very stable and needed the support.



Looking at the initial structure I decided that it could do with some more details to make it look less like a rice packet.  These came from different places, pieces of sprues, food containers, the collar from a superglue tube, and some resin windows.



The texture on the building was achieved in the same way as the first project, an old dried-up snow texture paint.

Completed







To finish the project I decided to hide some of the uglier joints with foliage.  I am quite pleased with the overall effect.






No comments:

Post a Comment